Thursday, March 2, 2017

Prompt 2 : smell

My favourite smells are probably better to focus on than all the horrible ones that make me gag. 

Jessica Simpson - Fancy
Yes, I realise most of those celebrity designer scents are trash but all of Jessica Simpson's stuff smelled heavenly (I use the past tense because a lot of her collection is no longer in production which has me raiding eBay for deals). Of course this obsession has more to do with the fact that I have a major sweet tooth and most, if not all, of her scents have caramel, vanilla and strawberry undertones. 'Fancy' smells like vanilla and happiness and I've had multiple people start a conversations because of it. A hobo on the bus told me I smelled like cookies once when I was wearing it. . . Enough said.

A weird smell that makes me happy is the smell of plastic - more specifically the plastic from new toys. It's the smell of rubber and safe plastics of Polly pockets, dolls, figurines and GI joes on Christmas mornings and birthdays. I still get a whiff of that delicious smell when I open toys for my son and it sends me back to happy places.

My mum's cooking is a cliche but there really is a certain warmth and homely smell to it. I don't know if it's a specific mixture of spices or she's adding some super secret ingredient that she's been hiding for 30 years but either way, I can always tell when my mum has been cooking in my house.

Lastly, and probably the weirdest one, there's some people that have really nice natural smells. I think this one has more to do with pheromones but there are some people that smell naturally sweet. There's some people that smell sour or bitter and I veer away from them because there has been a couple of people that have literally made me gag. They're usually surrounded by a musky and acrid smell and just the thought of it gives me sensory memory to sneeze.

One of my favourite people naturally smells like marshmallows and soft talcum powder. Most people I generally like smell like fresh cucumbers and chamomile. 

Weird? I know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment